RPG Forum based on Undertale and its Aus. (Idea from Askellie)

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

What was.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ghost
Lost Soul

PostSubject: What was.    Fri 6 Oct - 14:15

Ghost looked up towards where the sky might have been, ignoring most of the people passing by them. They were standing still enough that they could have been mistaken for a statue, although would have been quite out of place tucked away into an alley like they were. Probably. Maybe there was someone who made statues around here. They doubted it though.

They looked down towards the street, watching wordlessly as various monsters walked by. They might as well have all been the same person, for all that it mattered, each monster going nowhere and pretending it was important, many of them with more similarities than differences. They couldn't remember seeing anyone quite like themselves, perhaps that was their difference. They didn't seem to mesh quite right into this world either, yet still, here they were. Surely it wouldn't be that way for long. The chances of being truly, the only one, were incredibly slim.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GSkeleton
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: What was.    Fri 6 Oct - 15:58

(Hope this is okay!)
G was on his way home from a very, very long day at work. From stolen merchandise to angry clients to a random group of Sanses trying to rob him, he'd probably have died if he wasn't as quick a thinker-and runner-as he was. Now his body ached, his skull throbbed, and his mind felt like a big ball of fluff, all the sharp edges gone and the very edge of another 'episode' in his soul. His concentration was shot and he sincerely hoped nobody attacked him again, because he wasn't sure he could think anymore.

Maybe the fog was to blame for his actions, because if he was in his right mind he would never have passed a ghost, stopped, then stared at them for a full minute, slowly blinking. Only after what must have been an uncomfortably long time for them did he realize he was just...staring at them, trying to comprehend what he was seeing. He grinned sheepishly, pretending he couldn't feel the burning sensation on his cheekbones in the hopes of it going away soon. "Oh. Sorry for staring pal, it's been a long day. Don't think I've seen a whole lot of ghosts around these parts."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: What was.    Fri 6 Oct - 21:04

The small monster tilted their head slightly at what they had said, having been trying to place exactly why the other monster seemed so incredibly familiar and nearly on the edge of figuring it out. Either way the train of thought had been interrupted and the person in front of them was likely looking for an answer.

"We're not a ghost. We can see why you might think that though, don't worry. We weren't always grey."

They straightened themselves out, looking at G for a moment longer before speaking again. "What's your name? You feel... familiar. Like we know you from somewhere."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GSkeleton
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: What was.    Sat 7 Oct - 16:33

G winced. Oh. He suddenly had a good idea of what, if not who, this monster was. "My name's G, skeleton monster and salesman. Pleased to meet ya," he said, doing a lazy salute. "I don't think I met you before, or whoever you were in my world. But you're not the first person that found me familiar. I guess I have that sort of face, heh."

G pulled out a cigarette and lit it, trying to calm his nerves. He was glad this monster couldn't recognize him fully. He got away with being a nobody so far. He didn't need to start being recognized now. "So how did you get to the citadel? Most Sanses have the same sort of story, but what about you? You live around here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: What was.    Sat 7 Oct - 17:14

They thought for a moment on G's question, as well as their introduction. It felt like there should be more of a reason as to why they gave him an... odd feeling, one that sparked both hesitation and trust in them, Besides just having a familiar face. They  answered in the same even tone as before, deciding that continuing to respond would get them farther than a continued silence.

"We've always lived here, we're sure. We don't remember specifically arriving at any point in time, so We must have just always been. Do you remember coming here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GSkeleton
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: What was.    Sat 7 Oct - 18:35

G blinked, cigarette hanging out of his mouth. Well. That wasn't exactly one of the usual answers he got. They'd always been here? Since before the Citadel? He could believe it, he'd seen many strange things in his life, but this...This sounded big.

"Yeah, I remember. My story's pretty usual, I guess. My universe started collapsing, I tried to enter it and stop it, I failed, and eventually I found my way here. Had to do a lot of stuff to survive. Still do. But I don't know, rolling over and dying seems like a waste, so I might as well."

G tapped the ashes off, sitting on a nearby bench to rest his legs. Man, he was exhausted. "What do you do all day? Just stand here, looking at monsters? Do you have any friends?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: What was.    Sun 8 Oct - 0:15

Ghost looked away for a moment, gradually coming to the realization that no, they didn't do much very often. Friends were... difficult, as well as trying to get work under their current conditions, but they had never thought much of it. Watching people had generally been what they did, besides a bit of exploring sometimes and the mandatory self care actions. They got an amount of amusement from watching people though, seeing what a monster would do when presented with a situation was enough to make them wonder about what led them there.

"Not always here, but we suppose that's correct. There's not much for us to do here, besides watch. We're children, and most people don't like us. Apparently we are... uncomfortable to others."

They walked forward a few steps, before sitting on the ground and looking forward, out into the street. At least nothing wasn't a problem for them, considering what little they needed was easy to get and things they wanted were few and far between. A job would be nice, they supposed, but they were fine without.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GSkeleton
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: What was.    Sun 8 Oct - 18:29

G nodded absently, taking a drag. Uncomfortable to others, huh? He knew a bit about that. He was fully aware that he gave a lot of monsters headaches from almost-memories, not to mention many found him unnerving. Like watching a mirror that fractured, the image distorted. You couldn't help but try and piece it together, even if it was too difficult to do.

There was a difference between them though: they were a child, and G was an adult. It was a lot easier to get around for him. On the other head, this kid somehow gave off a sense of self-sufficiency. G honestly wasn't worried about them.

"Welp. I feel ya kid. I make people uncomfortable too," he explained, letting his head fall back on the bench. "I bet I made you feel weird too. I don't really like it, but I can't exactly change myself, so I just gotta accept I make people feel bad. Heh."

He took a deep drag, wincing as a bit of ash fell in his socket. It burned until he managed to get it out. "I get why you like watching people. People are interesting. Mostly selfish and self-interested, but fascinating. If I didn't have my job, I could sit and watch them for hours."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: What was.    Sun 8 Oct - 21:57

Ghost tilted their head to the side slightly, briefly wondering about why others seemed to find him familiar as well. They wondered it it was the same feeling for everyone, or maybe different things that felt like someone they used to know. Did G know why they were that way, or was it just coincidence?

"Why would someone not be for themselves? There is not always something gained from helping another person- although this doesn't mean you should hurt another either. Why people don't always leave each other alone is what you have to be curious about."

They turned to G, gazing towards him for a moment before speaking again. "We told you what we usually do, what about you? What's your job?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GSkeleton
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: What was.    Mon 9 Oct - 20:00

G nodded, thinking hard. He did love debating anything and everything, whether it was useful or not, but he was also dead tired and his head hurt. His thoughts felt even more sluggish than they usually did.

"You have a point. And mostly I agree with you. This whole 'doing the right thing' attitude-it's just self-serving. People help others because they gain something in return most of the time, the just dress it up better. But we're also built to have compassion. We're social creatures, yanno? Monster souls are made of compassion and love and hope. It can be hard to go against what is natural for us, even if it means helping someone to the determent of ourselves. It's the way we are, as monsters. Sure would be easier sometimes," he explained, mind wandering to a Papyrus he met a while ago. Honey. He hoped they were doing fine, and he was angry at himself for feeling so.

"Bah, I'm getting philosophical, don't mind me. I just love the sound of my own voice," G said, laughing. "I sell things usually. A condiment here, a few smokes there, a contact somewhere else. I've got a lot of people owing me, in a lot of ways. It's a living. Not everyone has an easy time surviving here," he spit out. Whoops, he sounded a bit bitter there. He couldn't quite help it though-he wished he didn't have to work every damn day and could just people-watch like this kid. Then again, he wasn't sure he wanted to be whatever this kid was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: What was.    Tue 10 Oct - 11:15

Ghost listened to them explain, both with their opinion and with their job, before nodding quietly in agreement. That made sense. It sounded like they had gotten pretty lucky with their job here, considering it must have been a rough start in the beginning. Luck was something not everyone got to enjoy around here.

"You sound like you're doing well. It's a good system, keeping people close to you in a web of promises. Not useless promises, but... deals and people owing you. Promises that really have weight behind them."

After a moment, Ghost had gained a tiny smile, realizing that they could try and see if this person had one of the few things they still liked, although they didn't have much G. Still, it was no harm seeing if they had it at all, they could always find some way to gain money.

"Do you have any cute ribbons? Or just ribbons in general, they aren't usually much different. We had one, but we're not sure what happened to it. Probably lost it somewhere along the way..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GSkeleton
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: What was.    Wed 11 Oct - 19:07

G blinked, nonplussed. A ribbon wasn't the strangest thing he'd been asked for, but it certainly wasn't what he usually dealed with. He wondered if it was just a fashion statement or if it had some deeper meaning for the not-quite there monster. They didn't seem like the type for amassing material possessions.
"Hm. I don't know, I'd have to check my-Oh! Wait, give me a sec," he exclaimed, taking out his phone. It had a faulty dimensional box installed (it could only hold 3 items at once, and locked him out more often than not), and he distinctly remembered buying a scarf from a Sans several days ago. The piece of cloth was precious to the Sans, so precious he put it in a box and tied it closed before giving it to G for a few gold pieces.

Thankfully his phone cooperated, bringing the gift into existence. He looked at the plain box, containing what must have been the last thing the Sans had had of his brother's. And around it was a glossy, dark pink bow. He untied it before carelessly putting the box away again, then wound the ribbon around his hand. "Guess it's your lucky day kid, didn't even have to wait. Is this good? Need help putting it on?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: What was.    Thu 19 Oct - 14:31

A small smile appeared on Ghost's face, and they nodded at their offer to help. Trying to put it on themselves would be... an unsuccessful venture at best, unless it was magically equippable. Even then whether or not it would work was debatable.

"Thank you very much, We would appreciate your help. Just a simple bow is fine, if you can manage. What will we owe you for this?"

Surely they would want something in exchange for the item. It may not have been incredibly valuable, but they doubted anything was free, Especially in a place like this. Ghost didn't have much to offer, but since G seemed to deal with more than just material objects they doubted that physical payment was the only kind he would accept.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GSkeleton
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: What was.    Mon 23 Oct - 19:28

Gaster's mouth twitched, almost going into a real smile. He placed the ribbon against the odd monster's head, winding it and slowly wrapping it into a bow, unwrapping it and wrapping it again until he got it just right. It gave him time to mull over their question. What could this monster give him that he needed?

"Kid, you're not exactly...completely here, right? Do people have a hard time noticing you? Can you maybe pass through walls? Appear in places other monsters can't?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: What was.    Mon 23 Oct - 19:42

(I keep forgetting the grey, whoops.)

Ghost thought for a moment, before nodding towards their statement of their not-quite-complete self. They had an idea of what they were looking for, judging by the questions, but that was for G to tell if they decided to.

"People don't always notice us unless we make ourselves known. Or, at least, they seem to forget if we don't interact. It may just be because we don't particularly stand out or look for attention. We haven't tried going somewhere unnoticed on purpose yet."

They probably could though, after thinking it over. Being a kid meant they were pretty small, and could probably fit into areas most of the larger or more skeletal monsters couldn't. If they did end up getting caught, it was unlikely they'd get into much trouble or attract too much suspicion either, for similar reasons. There had simply never been a good reason to try and get somewhere before without drawing attention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was.    

Back to top Go down

What was.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Citadel of Lost Souls :: Fell District :: Streets-
Jump to: