The Citadel of Lost Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Citadel of Lost Souls

RPG Forum based on Undertale and its Aus. (Idea from Askellie)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just like any other Cycle

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jäger
Lost Soul
Jäger

Just like any other Cycle Empty
PostSubject: Just like any other Cycle   Just like any other Cycle EmptyThu 21 Sep - 20:56

It was a day like any other. Undyne passed three days at work, a sad murder story, like it happens so many time in the Citadel. She wanted to tear the murderer's vocal chord from his throat but it would have been bad for her reputation. And Sanses didn't have one of those.
Then she had to do papers, to many papers. But it was her job and she was glad to have it.
She would have fall into madness if not for it.
It was night time, the city lights had faded to fake a night atmosphere. She liked that, it reminded her of the Underground.
The constant sounds of the city was a lullaby to her ears. Without the crowd of the day, she could hear it all.
After beeing release from her work by her worried superior, a Tale Papyrus with a heart of gold, she got out to eat at one of the many little restaurant near her home. Everything was fake, the food came out from the Font Industry but at least it was teasty. And she knew everyone.
She tasted better, yes. Once or twice The Boss invited her in a fancy restaurent. But she liked better the small esablishements where everyone was like a friend.
Now she was in the streets. She didn't want to go home, all she wanted was to walk. Yes she was tired from work.
Her solitude was suddenly toubled by the sound of footsteps reverbering in the quiet street. Someone to listen to. Someone to talk to maybe...
Back to top Go down
Fresh
Lost Soul
Fresh

PostSubject: Re: Just like any other Cycle   Just like any other Cycle EmptySat 23 Sep - 4:44

Walking was, indeed, something Fresh happened to excel at with nearly all his hosts. Rarely would he take someone who was disabled, especially considering it was dangerous enough out here already. Even without his unfortunate requirement of a constant flow of Soul-based magic, there were monsters here simply interested in increasing their Love, and who thought they could get away with it too. It was a common pattern that he had seen before. People would get strong, let their guard down, and then die when they weren’t expecting it. That was just the way it worked.

For now, however, it seemed like there weren’t too many people around. It was currently night in the citadel, so most people would be in their house, but he was currently unable to get back to his current host’s house. Mostly because they still refused to tell him where exactly their house was. They’d crack eventually, it was just a matter of time. No one could shoulder so much pain forever.

Hopefully this Sans wasn’t going to stay so stubborn for long though. He hated having to switch around hosts so soon because they just wouldn’t cooperate. Even lost in his own thoughts, Fresh was watching ahead of him to make sure he didn’t crash into someone, but of course, turning a corner could always lead to an accidental run-in with someone.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Lost Soul
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Just like any other Cycle   Just like any other Cycle EmptySat 23 Sep - 5:17

She looked at the stranger. She never saw him around. His cloth were too bright to be a Fell monster or equivalent. Maybe a new lost soul. Who knew. Maybe he was coming back from the Judgment Hall and got lost. It wouldn’t be the first time.
She waited for him to be close to her, before asking.

“You’re lost, punk?”
She considered showing her badge but she was out of service. She just got out from work and still was trying to do it. What a workaholic. She smiled to herself at that thought. No she new a real workaholic. She was far behind him to be one.
“I’ve never seen you around. Where universe are you from?”
Back to top Go down
Fresh
Lost Soul
Fresh

PostSubject: Re: Just like any other Cycle   Just like any other Cycle EmptySat 23 Sep - 19:18

He had stopped walking once addressed, briefly taking a moment to push his shades up and make sure they were properly in place before turning fully towards the Undyne. Looked rough, probably from some sort of Fell universe, although he could appreciate them not being immediately hostile. A smile spread across his face immediately, the gold tooth of the Fell Sans he was currently using glinting slightly in the dim night lights.

"hey hey hey girl! No worries, ain't lost or nothin' tonight- just out for a lil' stroll round the block before I make my way back to tha crib. How 'bout you though, where's a fine homeslice like ya goin' 'round this time?"

He hadn't answered their question, really, not the important one at least. While they did have a fall-back answer to what timeline they were from, they preferred simply not to answer, since it could bring problems down on him later if people expected him to be from the same universe as... well, himself. Switching hosts meant that people who didn't know you very personally assumed you were a different person, and all of them claiming to be from a universe that didn't even exist wasn't exactly the greatest plan. Better to just convince people that there was one person from a said timeline, and they had just made a couple of friends.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Lost Soul
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Just like any other Cycle   Just like any other Cycle EmptySun 24 Sep - 2:19

Undyne took a better look at the stranger. He seemed so out of place in the dark streets of Fell. All the flashy colors of his cloths and his glasses. But she was gone for three days, he could have appeared between and she wouldn’t have known. She had a hard time understanding what he was saying but after some reflexions, she did. She just hoped she looked just lost in her thought and not stupid during that time.
So she just shrug her shoulders and answered his question.

“Me? I just enjoy the calm of the city at night. It’s quite a change not to be rushed and to take you time in my job. Better outside than locked into a room, no?”
She tried to look friendly. She knew her look could be intimidating sometimes. Between the scars, her dead eye and her size, she didn’t look approachable for some monsters. If he was new in this part of town, she wanted to know what’s relevant about him.
Knowing your neighbor is good to get informations in case of troubles.
Back to top Go down
Fresh
Lost Soul
Fresh

PostSubject: Re: Just like any other Cycle   Just like any other Cycle EmptySun 24 Sep - 3:42

Fresh nodded, listening to them while they talked and thinking of what this Undyne's job might be. With how they held themselves, and how they were talking, he was going to hazard a guess that it wasn't illegal at least. Once they had asked for his opinion, he nodded much stronger, before speaking once again.

"YO YEAH BRAH! Ya've got da right idea, bein' trapped in a place is a real drag! Better ta get out an' about with all tha fresh air where ya can hear all the sounds o' tha city."

He looked around dramatically to illustrate his point, gesturing to the surrounding buildings with one hand. His gaze stayed mainly on Undyne behind his shades however, making sure they didn't make any unwanted moves towards him. He didn't want to deal with getting attacked tonight, even if it was likely.

(Fresh: "I Agree! You're right, being trapped somewhere is a bad thing, it's better to be outside where you can hear the sounds of the city.")
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Lost Soul
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Just like any other Cycle   Just like any other Cycle EmptySun 24 Sep - 17:57

*Outside… the only thing missing are the grass and the sky* she thought.
She looked at the dark empty void  upon their head. She hated the surface when she went there, a long time ago. But there was still one thing she loved about it. The sky was beautiful, there. The stars, the moon, everything shined even more than the wishing room from her childhood.
There, in the Citadel, she felt more like home, like in the Underground except there was no ceiling. And there was too many monsters around.

“Well, it’s not the surface but at least it’s not the Underground either”
It’s was hypocritical comment. But she knew from experience that most monsters here were envious of those who seen the surface world. And her resentment for the surface was not well seen. So she hide it.
“Glad to see someone who appreciate the calm of the city. Anyway, everyone here call me Jäger. What are you called here, Sans?”
Back to top Go down
Fresh
Lost Soul
Fresh

PostSubject: Re: Just like any other Cycle   Just like any other Cycle EmptySun 24 Sep - 18:58

Fresh did a quick spin, both to add flair to his answer, and to give him an opportunity to do a quick scan of the area. Nothing dangerous, so he stopped facing Undyne and finger-gunned them with a steady grin.

"YO! The name's Fresh, brah! It's nice ta meet ya Jagger-Brah!"

they sounded like they had seen the surface, but it wasn't completely clear. Maybe they had only heard of it and thought it was good, maybe they had gone there and the humans had been bad, maybe none of those were true. He wanted to know what this Undyne did in the citadel.

Ya mentioned bein' locked in a room- What's yer job broski?"

(Fresh: "my name is Fresh! It's nice to meet you Jäger (he uses a nickname)", "you had mentioned being locked in a room, what do you do for work friend?")
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Lost Soul
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Just like any other Cycle   Just like any other Cycle EmptyMon 25 Sep - 13:38

She stayed quiet the time to assimilate what his strange skeleton was saying. At least, if she was looking like an idiot just to find what to say, he didn’t show it. And she was glad for that.
“I’m in the Guard. You know, catching criminals and then spend too much time doing paperwork. Ha! Paperworks… If only I could spend all my time in the field without having to justify, believe me, I’d clean the Citadel of its scum!”
And not only the Sin district, she thought. She had strong clues about building going on in the Tal District. But no clue about who.
“And you,Fresh? Where are you working? A factory?”
He seem like a nice guy, for a Sans. But still, it was better to keep the casual talk for now. Warning him out of the blue about some rumors she heard was not the best way to inspire trust.
Back to top Go down
Fresh
Lost Soul
Fresh

PostSubject: Re: Just like any other Cycle   Just like any other Cycle EmptyMon 25 Sep - 14:27

The guard then, for sure. It sounded like they were more of a fan of the action though, not the other parts of the work. They sounded dangerous to him, although not until they learned he was no good. He should be fine for now. A job though... he didn't know exactly what this host did yet, but he could use one of the previous host's jobs.

Yo, Just do a bit o' work in the factory, helpin' keep things tight yo! Ain't the best payin' job I suppose, but it keeps the bones rollin!"

He was quite for a moment while he considered asking them about any rumors. He wanted to know if there was anything going on he should know about, or if anyone had picked up on him yet... however, that may be unwise. If they didn't want to answer he wouldn't get anything but their curiosity.

Fresh took a few careful steps towards Jäger, walking around carefully to make sure they didn't get closer than was confortable for them. Generally he would have no problem invading their personal space, but monsters from the rougher universes hat to be treated with just a bit more care, or you could risk getting punched in the face.

"My my my, ya've got some sick threads, where'd ya get 'em? Dey don't look standard for the guard yo."

While their clothes were the topic of the conversation it wasn't what he was actually looking at. They had some pretty impressive scars, and he was trying to figure out when they had happened. Time didn't pass right here, so he couldn't tell if the ones that looked newer were truly recent or just happened right before they ended up here. Either way, it was clear they knew their way around a battle.

(Fresh: "I work in the factory, keeping things great (Tight could be misunderstood by Jäger though). It doesn't pay very well, but I get enough money to live off of (it's also a bit of a pun, since "Bones" could apply both to the slang term for money or his actual bones, as a skeleton)."

"Wow, You have nice clothes, where did you get them? They don't look like standard-issue for the guard.")
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Lost Soul
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Just like any other Cycle   Just like any other Cycle EmptyMon 25 Sep - 14:53

She laugh a little hearing the pun. Seem all Sanses were the same to her. Yes, the Swaps ones didn’t seem as funny as most of them but the great majority really seem to have the same sense of humor. That was one thing dhe didn’t have to complain about.
She could understand the struggles of living in the city but at least he had a job. She was so thankful to Boss for creating so many opportunities for the monsters from Fell. Without him, the District would still be as dangerous as Sin.
Then, he asked her about her cloth. What a peculiar question. And yet, it was expected. Unlike most of her coworker, she never dressed in her uniform. She didn’t look like a Guard at all.

“That old thing? It was my armor back in the Underground. Back when I was still the Royal Assassin of the Tyrant. I’m so used to it that I can’t imagine wearing something else. It’s a lot of maintenance to keep it clean and all but it’s the best armor I ever had. But at least I can intimidate the criminals like that, right?”
She was wearing it with pride too. How many times did it saved her life? She didn’t count. And the leather on the scarred skin of her back was way more pleasant that any other fabric.
“You don’t like like any other Sans I know. Never seen that much color on one monster before. It’s a new fashion trend?“
Back to top Go down
Fresh
Lost Soul
Fresh

PostSubject: Re: Just like any other Cycle   Just like any other Cycle EmptyMon 25 Sep - 20:57

Fresh nodded, filing the information away for later in his head. He doubted that 'Royal Assassin of the Tyrant' was just a title, and decided to avoid crossing this particular monster's path for now. He was powerful, but it sounded like they had at least as much as he did, if not more from their social standpoint. When asked about his own fashion choices he nodded vigorously, spreading his arms so they could get a good look at the colorful fabrics.

"I'mma make it a fashion trend if it ain't already broski! It's sweet right? Helps me channel those totes rad vibes yo, putting a smile on peep's faces and helpin' light up da street!"

For just a moment, Fresh's shades went blank and he seemed to flinch slightly, recoiling and letting his smile fall a little bit. However, it happened in less than a second, and he was right back to smiling 'happily' up at Undyne again. He needed to do something about this host soon apparently, they were quite intent on trying to fight his control, and he couldn't lose it in front of someone like this.

(Fresh: "I'm going to make it a trend if it isn't already! It's nice right, helps me give off good vibes, make people happy and brighten up the street a bit")
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Lost Soul
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Just like any other Cycle   Just like any other Cycle EmptyMon 25 Sep - 22:23

“Hope it’ll work for you. But I must admit your fashion is… unique.”
She was going to say it was hurting her eyes but it would have been mean. True but mean. Before, she wouldn’t have cared. Her Underground was violent and hostile but her Love and her reputation gave her the confidence to speak her mind without thinking.
Just a little cut from her blade was deadly. She used poison at this time. Now, she couldn’t anymore. Even if she thought some criminals deserved to suffer before dying like a human.
But she didn’t have the plants and mushroom she had back home.
She said nothing but she saw his glasses change from the rainbow words to nothing. It was weird but who could judge, right? Every monsters had their own way to use their magic, maybe this one used it on his glasses.
A car, rare and expensive magitech one, passed by, it’s lights stretched the shadows of the two monsters on the pavement, deforming them to seem more human.
Another monster passed across the street, not looking at them, just passing by. Undyne waved at him. Another neighbor. But he seem tired, work at the factory was really hard sometimes.
She, herself, was begin to feel the weight of her three days of work on her shoulders again.

“Damn… Sorry, Fresh but I think it’s time for me to go home.”
Back to top Go down
Fresh
Lost Soul
Fresh

PostSubject: Re: Just like any other Cycle   Just like any other Cycle EmptyMon 25 Sep - 23:13

Fresh nodded, pushing his shades up, mostly to make sure they were still there. He knew it had started becoming a habit, but of all the habits to developed this one wasn't bad. He waved at Jäger, rocking back a little on his heels while he did so.

"Ah, I gotchya homie- Ya know it'll be a busy day tomorrow, and ya gotta catch ya Zs before you're too tired to do anything! Thanks for da chit-chat though, had a real good time."

He turned around, prepared to begin his way down the street again. They both had places to go then, which suites him just fine, an de he didn't feel the need to wait particularly long for an official goodbye.

(Fresh: "Oh, ok! We both know it's going to be a long day tomorrow, and it would be better to get some sleep instead of being tired later. Thanks for the talk, have a good day")
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just like any other Cycle   Just like any other Cycle Empty

Back to top Go down

Just like any other Cycle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Citadel of Lost Souls :: Fell District :: Streets-
Jump to: