RPG Forum based on Undertale and its Aus. (Idea from Askellie)

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Scavenging for food

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cherry
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Scavenging for food   Mon 25 Sep - 14:45

The night was well advanced when Cherry finally arrived in the street indicated by the crumpled card in his hand. Reaching this place had asked for all his courage, while the faces of monsters similar to those of his universe reminded him of memories not so distant and particularly unpleasant.

Several times, his path had crossed the road of Papyrus, Fell or not, which had forced him to hide or run away. And now that he had arrived, he was too well aware of his condition.

Cherry felt terrible. Lean, drained of all energy, he hardly held on his trembling legs. He gasped, breathless, while the simple fact of holding his pupils in his eyes sockets seemed to be a real ordeal.

Fortunately, the apartment where the famous Butcher lived was right in front of him. When he knocked at the door, he suddenly had a hesitation.

What if it was a trap? If Jäger had sent him right into the mouth of the wolf, what was he going to be able to do in that state? But above all, did he really have the right to beg in this way? He was nothing for these two people, nothing more than a parasitic gnat, that they could easily crushed...

*Shut up, just do it already ! You’ll die anyway, either by him or starving…*

He suddenly knocked at the door with three shots before stepping back, pressing the card against him, trembling, leaving his hood fallen back so that the monster could see that he had no warlike intent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.D. Gaster
Dark, Darker yet Darker

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Mon 25 Sep - 16:18

Spoiler:

Butcher lived on the first floor of a classic apartment building. His Brother was the concierge. Not that it was needed but Pap really liked the attention it gave him. And everyone love him in here. Some were lonely Sanses so seeing a Papyrus at least once a day and being able to speak with him, it helped them accept their lives here in the Citadel.
But for Butch and his bro the citadel seem like heaven. They never starved, never had to kill anyone and had more money than they'll need in all their life. Still, they worked hard. They weren't the kind of monsters who wanted an apartment in the Boss Tower. Boss was ready to offer him that but he knew Pap would regret his job and his friends from the building. So they stayed.
The just used their excess of money elsewhere.
For monsters from Horrortale, food was more important than anything. So, since Butcher owned a groceries store, they sometimes bought more food than needed to stock the shop and store it home. It was useful, like tonight.
Someone knocked at the door. His brother was out to help a neighbor so he was home alone.

"Commin', Commin' " he said, tired, walking to the door.

He opened it and, to his surprise, saw a Sans like him, a Fell one if he was not mistaken. He seem nervous.

"Hey fella, what're you doin' here?"

Characters:

W.D.Gaster
The Butcher   (HorrorTale was created by Sour-apple-Studio)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://undraurpg.forumactif.com
Cherry
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Mon 25 Sep - 17:53

Lost in battle against himself, trying to find out if he should stay and try his luck or run as fast as possible and hope to not die before sunrise, he waited a little longer.

Fortunately, or unfortunately for him, the door suddenly opened, revealing the famous Butcher. Even if he expected it a little, seeing a monster from Horrortale chilled his marrow, making him shudder. He swallowed slowly, his legs refusing to obey his brain that ordered him to run away.

« H-Hi...! I-I'm... »

His gaze fell abruptly on the floor, the latter suddenly looking very interesting as he tightened the card a little harder against him.

*You shouldn’t be here. You’re just a piece of crap and you deserve to fall in one of the dump, like the garbage y-*

« …C-Cherry… I-I’m Cherry a-and… M-Miss… Miss Jäger t-told me t-to come to y-you…? »

He handed the crumpled card to the other Sans, his hands trembling, while he not dared look at him, mortify with shame.

« I-I'm s-sorry, I-I don't w-want to bother you a-and... I-I'm just... I-I don't wanna d-die...»

He tried to hide the tears that came to his eyes sockets, grimacing. Drops of magic began to flow down his skull. In view of his condition, it was a real miracle that he still holds on his legs. But that wasn't going to last.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.D. Gaster
Dark, Darker yet Darker

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Mon 25 Sep - 18:19

It was not the first time nor the last time someone came at his dore with a card. He made them and gave them at all the guards he knew. Some ran away the moment he opened the door, strange rumors about HorrorTale monster being cannibals or something. This one was scared, he could smell it.

"Jäger uh? Sure, come in Fella! You're not a bother. If you were, I'd be kicking your ass right now. But don't worry. You won't die tonight." He said, warmly.

He opened the door wide and step aside to give him place.
The apartment was really small. Unlike most homes in the Fell District, it wasn't decorated with modern furniture. It was a mix of different styles one could find in the city, each furniture seem to be as practical as possible. All this odds and ends was creating a warm atmosphere to the place.
A delicious smell was permanently embalming the air of the little home.
The front door lead to a tight corridor with three doors. At the end of the corridor was an open living room with again the strange mix of furniture. There was ornement absolutely everywhere and it was a mess.
The table was occupied by dirty dishes and old magazines and Newspaper. The TV was one, the sound low. It was set on a TV show where all participants where Mettatons and Nabstabots.

"Go sit at the table Cherry. Don't mind the mess. You're all Bone, I guess you must be hungry" he laughed at his own jokes.

Turning his back to the unexpected visitor, he got to the stoves where a big pot was resting above a slow flame. The kitchen was opened to the living room and, again, it was a mess. But the delicious smell seem to came from here.

"So, how did you end up so desperate to come to my house?"

Characters:

W.D.Gaster
Back to top Go down
Cherry
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Mon 25 Sep - 19:32

The Butcher's warmth and good humor completely destabilized him. Stammering a slightly thank you, much too shocked to account for the joke, he slowly entered the apartment.

With his eyes sweeping the room, the little skeleton felt his heart squeeze. How many cycles had he passed in the street without the warmth of a house? Oh, he didn't regret the castle of the days when his brother was king, but long before, when they lived at Snowdin. True, it wasn't every day very joyful, it never was, moreover, but it felt at home.

And this place gave the feeling of being at home. In his place. Inspiring deeply, Cherry followed his host to the living-room, obediently, taking advantage of the heat that warmed his bones.

As asked, he approached the table, letting a little nervous laugh escape at the joke. Not that he hadn't appreciated this humor, but he was beginning to realize that he had perhaps pulled a little too much on the rope.

« Huh… I-I think you c-can say that I… waited too m-much… I-I’m j-just a weak, I h-hide a-and r-run away all the time… M-Maybe it would be better if I go back on the street now a- »

His gaze was lost in a vacuum as he spoke, his hand on the back of the chair where he was to sit. But his voice suddenly cut off as his legs let go. He fell on his knees, taking with him the chair to which he stood.

Panting, his eyes empty, he took a few seconds to realize and trembled even more than before.

« O-Oh s-stars... I-I'm... I'm sorry, I-... I didn't... It's... I...»

He couldn't even find his words. His Papyrus would surely have broken his bones to have show himself so weak in front of someone who had so generously tried to help him. If he had had a bit of magic yet, he would have teleported far away to escape shame and guilt.

Last edited by Cherry on Mon 25 Sep - 21:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.D. Gaster
Dark, Darker yet Darker

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Mon 25 Sep - 20:12

Butch searched for clean dishes and found a soup plate and a spoon. Perfect. He was listening to his guest at the same time. Lifting the cover of the pot, the smell became stronger. A mix of vegetables, the kind of greens everyone could see in every store. But a deliciously smelling mix.He Served a thick soup in the plate but was distracted by the sound of his double's fall.

"Shit!"

He put the plate on the counter and ran toward the Fell Sans. He checked his stats and cursed again. He was thankful his bro wasn't home yet.

"Hey, Fella, don't fall on me!"

It's been a long time but he tap in his magic reserved and turned Cherry's soul blue. He rarely used his magic like that anymore. Didn't need to. But if it was to help a starving monster, he was willing to put away his laziness.
In a swift motion of his hand, his guest floated above ground. With another, he flew him across the room to a worn but comfortable couch covered by a heteroclite pile of cloth and blankets.
Once he knew the Sans was comfortable, he let go of his soul and took the plate again.
Carefully, he got to the couch and lift the skeleton's head to try to feed him.

"Com'on, Fella, eat!"

Characters:

W.D.Gaster
Back to top Go down
Cherry
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Mon 25 Sep - 22:24

Cherry tried to not panic as his eyes filled with tears. He was ashamed, he repeated in a loop that it would be better to die now and stop being a burden to the rest of the world. His brother, the Undyne and the hybrid, Butcher...

He looked up at the latter as he saw him coming to him, trying to stammer an apology or find a justification for his condition. Perhaps it was time to flee?

But he didn't have time to open his mouth that he felt checked. Suddenly, his soul turned blue and Cherry stopped reacting. His eyes sockets were empty and his breath almost absent. He had frozen at the moment the magic had seized him.

Leaving himself obediently be lift, like a kitten carried by the skin of his neck by his mother, he found himself lying on the sofa without really realizing it. He had been trained, like an animal, to be allowed to act in case of blue magic, his brother being usually the only one to use it on him.

Suddenly conscious of reality, his pupils reappeared in his eyes sockets while he observed his double, surprised by the anxiety that seemed to be manifested towards him.

When he managed to speak, his voice seemed much weaker than he would have thought:

« S-sorry… I’m really sorry, I… I didn’t want to… »

But this didn't prevent him from eating, obediently. Once the first part swallowed, he suddenly grabbed the plate and finished it quickly. His tears rolled suddenly on his cheeks as he could feel the soup warm him up from within and slightly restore his stock of magic and energy. He felt like he was reviving.

He choked a little, swallowing too fast, but finished the plate before sighing deeply, already feeling better. He then observed his host with a small, uncomfortable smile.

« Huh… T-Thank you… Really… »

He didn't dare to ask for more, but he was still hungry, and the delicious smell that escaped from the kitchen didn't really help him to think of just leaving.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.D. Gaster
Dark, Darker yet Darker

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Mon 25 Sep - 23:08

"Hey slow down, fella! Don't choke! And don't scare me like that again okay?"
Butcher smiled when Cherry ate the whole soupe. As a Horror Sans, his smile was intimidating even when he was just feeling relieved. That poor soul really was hungry, more than he expected. He hated seeing monster in such a state. He know what it was like to be hungry. He did horrible things just to feed his brother and friends. He lost his sanity too.
Thankfully, he was better now than ever. The taste of blood wasn't even appealing to him anymore.
He took the plate away from Cherry.

"You're welcome. Do you want more? I'll go get more."
He didn't waited for an answer. No monster would starve under his roof. He got back to the stove and refiled the plate with the thick mixture.
"My bro's gotten real good at cookin' don't you think? He made the soup all by himself. He added croutons to it, Font branded, at least it smell good. He makes it every days for the bone bags like you who ring at out door."
He came back to the couch and, this time, used the spoon to feed Cherry so he wouldn't rick to choke.
"Now, Cherry. Tell me since when have you eaten somethin' to collapse like that in my livin' room? I know I Bone-ified the place but the floor is not a good bed for a nap, don't you think?"

Characters:

W.D.Gaster
Back to top Go down
Cherry
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Mon 25 Sep - 23:49

Butcher's smile was disturbing, that's true. But after what he had gone through, and considering the kindness and patience his host had shown, Cherry could no longer find him as frightening as he tought before.

He didn't have time to politely refuse the offer of his double that he already had a new plate under his nose. He would surely have emptied it as quickly as the first if Butcher hadn't prevented it.

On the other hand, being nourished like a child didn't really help him to regain a certain countenance, blushing slightly with shame. But he was too hungry to protest.

Gently, he replied, trying to ignore the information concerning the Papyrus for the moment. If he wasn't here at this late hour, it was because he wasn't living here. Right ?

He had a little sneer at his joke, finally starting to relax a bit. Feeling that he could teleport again helped him a lot.

« The floor seems nicer than the dump, to be honest…! »

He stopped suddenly, looking away.

« S-Sorry, I-I shouldn’t complain… I-I really a-appreciate what y-you do for me… W-Without you… I think I’d have die, probably b-before the end on the cycle… »

Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.D. Gaster
Dark, Darker yet Darker

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Tue 26 Sep - 13:49

Butcher chuckle hearing him talk about the dump.

"Yeah, but everythin's better than the dump. So it's not valid... condiment!" he said, showing he soup in his hand and laughing loudly.

He was trying really hard to gain his guest trust. He saw tons of monsters like this one but none that seem so... broken. He had pinty on the poor thing and needed him to feel that this place was a sanctuary, somewhere to go if he needed help, food or a shelter.

"Don't worry about that, fella. Life can he hard. As long as you don't complain about Pap's cookin', I don't care. Just, don't wait the last moment to go ask for help. Yes there is misery in the citadel but there is still good guys who're willin' to help. "

He continued to feed the monster, spoon by spoon.

"You still didn't answer. I have trouble believin' you just waited for no reasons. Promise, I won't judge. And I haven't eaten anyone in what seem like years."

Characters:

W.D.Gaster
Back to top Go down
Cherry
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Tue 26 Sep - 21:11

Cherry stared at his host, really surprised. Horrortale's monsters weren't known for their kindness or humor, but for their terrifying air and the aura of madness that surrounded them. But Butcher was funny and patient, as if his condition worried him for real.

Cherry then had an amused smile, much more relaxed than any he had had before. On the other hand, hearing him speak again of a Papyrus made him close directly.

Catching the blankets in his hands, he gently squeezed the fabric, whispering:

« …I won’t complain about that… n-never… »

He sighed softly, allowing himself to be fed again. He hadn’t be far from falling to dust and the second plate was going to end without a doubt quickly.

« …You won’t judge…? ‘not sure about that… »

His eyes faded and he tried to not curl up on himself as he sought his words.

« T-The… The P-Papyrus… T-They… they scare m-me… I-I a-always s-see m-my… My… Boss… »

His hand went up to seize the collar hanging from his neck, clamping it to hurt himself, the small pikes planting in the bone.

« …B-Better b-be dead than seen h-him again… Tssss… What did I say ? He’ll probably dust me where I stand the second he saw me… W-Well… I-I ho-ope… »

He seemed suddenly absent, his eyes lost in the void.

*Oh god… what if he doesn’t kill me and try to take me back…?! I can’t take it anymore, I can’t, oh god, maybe I should die now so he won’t find me… but I don’t wanna die… what should I do, what should I do, what should I d-*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.D. Gaster
Dark, Darker yet Darker

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Tue 26 Sep - 22:15

That poor soul. Butcher was trying to figure out how a timeline could fuck up so much to end with a Sans fearing his Papyrus. If he didn't have his brother, he would have been so, lost and, maybe he would have totally lost it in his world.
Papyrus was his anchor to reality. His only reason to live. His promised not to judge and he didn't.
It was just hard for him to understand how a Papyrus could scare his brother so much. His bro was to sweet. He wasn't nicknamed Sweety for nothing.
He looked at the collar when his double began playing with it and resisted to the urge to stop him and tear it from his neck. But most Fell Sans seem to love their collars so he couldn't. But the monster before him seem to go far away in his thoughts.

"Hey hey! Stay with me, Sans! Your Papyrus isn't there. When someone appear, if someone from the same timeline arrives with them, it's at the same time... And the same place"

It wasn't entirely true. There were exceptions. But what that monster needed comfort. He called him Sans, not Cherry. Everyone had a nickname in this city where everyone seem the same but Butch always regretted it. It was losing a part of one's identity. And this lost soul needed his identity.

"So there is no chance he's here. You're in security here. You're not alone. And I can assure you that not all Papyrus are the same." he talked slowly and gently.
"I don't know what he did to you... Maybe I can't even imagine. But you're here. You can live a new life, far away from him. And it'll be YOUR li..."

"SANS! I'M BACK!"

"Stars damn it" he facepalmed to the couch. It really wasn't a good time.

Characters:

W.D.Gaster
Back to top Go down
Cherry
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Tue 26 Sep - 22:42

Lost in his thoughts, the firm voice of his host soon brought Cherry back to reality. He jumped slightly when he heard his real name, surprised. He had the impression that it had been an eternity that nobody had used it. Even his Papyrus hadn't used it for years.

He swallowed and gently nodded to indicate that he was listening. Indeed, his words reassured him a little. He remembered being alone in the Citadel when he arrived, so there was no chance his Boss would be there.

He sighed deeply in relief, nodding softly as Butcher tried to reassure and appease him.

At least... until a voice rise in the apartment. His whole body froze abruptly and his head slowly turned towards the origin of the noise. A Papyrus. There was a Papyrus a few meters away from him.

He knew well that it wasn't his brother, but he could only see Boss moving towards him, ready to punish him. His eyes sockets were empty. He could only see two red-blooded eyes that watched him, ready to plunge on his soul.

He didn't think much longer and concentrated all his magic just regained to teleport. He just wanted to go as far as possible from this threat ...

He suddenly disappeared, and at the same moment a heavy sound was heard in the room furthest from the door. Cherry had taken the wall head on and was lying on the ground in a funny position, his legs being intertwined.

The little skeleton was barely conscious, weeping and delirious, repeating pieces of phrases in a loop:

« I’ll be ‘ood… don’t… it hurt… p-please… I’ll be good… p-please… not again… b-boss,
please… I can't... m-make it s'op... »
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.D. Gaster
Dark, Darker yet Darker

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Tue 26 Sep - 23:47

Without saying anything, cherry teleported away. Butcher would have been sad to lose the trace of someone who needed help but, thanks the stars, he didn't go far. Before he could react, he heard a ruckus in the corridor. He got up and ran to see if his brother was okay.
Sweety was a huge Papyrus with two little red eyes and a genuine smile with twisted teeth. He always had to bend to pass the doors. He could be really intimidating but he was a really good boy. He seem confused and scared bu the noise coming from his room.

"SANS? WHAT'S GOING ON? IS SOMEONE HERE?"

Butch wanted nothing more to make sure Cherry was okay. But he needed to be sure his brother wasn't scared too.

"Yes, Bro. Someone who needed our help. I've never seen someone eat so quickly. He seem to really like it. But he's scared because something bad happen' to him, his Papyrus was not a really nice you. I'll go get him and try to calm him. Can you go in my room and play with the puzzles there Sweety?"

"BUT I WANT TO HELP... CAN I , AT LEAST, SAY HELLO? WHO IS IT?"

Butch sigh. His brother was really the best. If only he had a better life like those classic Tale Papyrus. He had so many regrets.

"He's a Sans like me, name's Cherry. Yes,you can say hello but don't show yourself. Take your cooking books with you if you want to study."

"OKAY..." Sweety shouted right in front of the door. "HELLO CHERRY! SORRY FOR SCARING YOU!"

And then, just like that, his brother stepped away and quietly walked to Butch's room to hide.BUtch opened the room carefully. He tried not to do abrupt movement and approach the quivering skeleton.

"Hey, don't be scared. I was only Sweety, my brother. He wouldn't hurt a fly. Your Papyrus is not here."

He touched the skeleton shoulder, expecting this gesture would help him come back to the reality.

"You're not with your Boss. You're here with me, Butcher. You're in the citadel, your brother is not here. You're in a sanctuary, in my home. You're safe."

Characters:

W.D.Gaster
Back to top Go down
Cherry
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Wed 27 Sep - 0:05

His brutal arrival against the wall had left the little skeleton a little rattled. But once a few seconds had passed, he had straightened up, putting himself in a ball in a corner, crouched in front of the door.

His cheeks were covered with tears and he looked elsewhere when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He let go a little squeal of terror, hiding his skull in his arms.

Slowly, he began to tremble, not hearing anything. Or rather, even though he could hear the words, his brain refused to interpret them. He began to beg between two crises of tears, incapable of calming himself:

« I’ll be goooood… P-Please…! I-I promise, I promise, I’ll be a good pet, I promise… D-Don’t hurt me… Please… »

Hyperventilant, the little skeleton ended by feeling dizzy, his head spinning. The little magic he had regained had almost been entirely engulfed by his teleportation.

Suddenly he began to wobble and fell forward, collapsing against Butcher. He continued to cry, but his panic attack seemed to have exhausted him so he didn't continued to delirious.

Slowly returning to him, he fluttered several eyelids before looking up at his host. He turned pale and tried to straighten up.

« S-Sorry…! I-I… S-Sorry… »
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.D. Gaster
Dark, Darker yet Darker

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Wed 27 Sep - 1:02

He haven't seen such a panic attack ever. He saw some. At the beginning, his brother had nightmare about their original world and woke up not knowing where he was. Just seeing food in too much quantity drived him had and scared him. He was scared for the other monsters, always.
He thought his job was still to feed the others before himself. That's why, even when they were only two poor monsters trying to survive in the city, Butcher let his brother prepare big quantity of food for the monsters they met.
That was how Sweety was getting better. And him, he still had visions of himself chopping off the head of a little girl. Smiling at the sight of her expression at the moment she understood her fate. Licking his finger full of her blood. And enjoying it.
But the monster in front of him... He couldn't imagine what he was feeling right now. When he finally came out of his panic, Butch gently put his arms around him in a shy hug.
He wasn't like Sweety. He wasn't the kind of guy who was easy with touch. Ahd Cherry seem so fragile, he was afraid to break him by touching him.

"It's okay... It's okay fella, you're with me. You're okay. Nothin' can happen to you here, Sans. Repeat. You're in the citadel. Nothin' can harm you. You are safe."

Characters:

W.D.Gaster
Back to top Go down
Cherry
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Wed 27 Sep - 17:17

Cherry felt Butcher's arms pass around him slowly and he froze, surprised. He couldn't remember the last time someone tightened him like that...

Finally letting himself go completely, he clutched his host gently, sobbing in silence. It was nice to finally let go and evacuate the overflow of emotion that tightened his soul.

Inspiring deeply to calm down, he tried to do what his double told him. Docilely, he repeated after him, even if some words were difficult to pronounce for him:

« I-I’m… in the Citadel… N-No… nothing can… can h-harm me…? I-I’m… I’m… »

Sighing, he straightened up a little, coming to sit on his own legs, wiping his cheeks with a revert of his sleeves.

Looking down, he felt stupid to have cracked like that for so little... After all, it wasn't even a Fell that he had had in front of him... And Butcher had been so benevolent, it was hard to believe that he could have tried to hurt him, or let his brother harm him, at least in the house.

Now calmed down, he raised his face and tried to smile, rubbing his own arm with an embarrassed air.

« I'm sorry... T-Thank you… I-I’m really sorry a-about that… I-I didn’t wanted to s-snap like this… I-I’d understand i-if you w-want me to l-leave now… A-And I’m s-sorry a-about your… your brother… It’s his room…? D-Did I break something…? I-I’ll p-pay b-back…! »
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.D. Gaster
Dark, Darker yet Darker

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Wed 27 Sep - 21:33

The room looked like a child's room. There was a blue racecar bed in the middle,with a bunny plushie on it, a shelf full of games and puzzles, a bookshelf full of cooking and children books, most wrote by local Toriels. There were no action figures but a toy kitchenette with fake food.
Posters of different Mettatons were all over the walls and there was even a little TV in front of the bed. Now a little hole was on the wall too but Butch wasn't worried.
Finally Cherry was back to reality. He let go of his hold on him, he really wasn't a tactile monster.
And the Fell!Sans could need some personal space.

"Don't worry about'it, fella. You don't need to pay anything. I make more gold than I could spend in a life so a hole is nothing. I won't force you to stay if you don't want but, like I said. This place is a sanctuary. If you need to rest a little, far from the street you're welcome. My place is little but there is plenty of place for someone in need."
He put his hands in his pockets casualty. His intimidating only red eye fixed on the skeleton in front of him. Sometimes, he wished he stayed a classic Sans, without all the bullshit with Undyne and all. He couldn't even remember what it felt like but the rare Tale who accepted to talk to him despite his appearance got him envious of them. For he could have been them.
"What do you think, Cherry?"

Characters:

W.D.Gaster
Back to top Go down
Cherry
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Wed 27 Sep - 22:35

The room was... very childlike. But strangely, he found it pleasant, almost soothing. He loved this place more than he would have thought.

He thanked his double for leaving him some space. It’s true that he needed a bit of air to refocus on himself.

He was surprised, however, by his proposal. He should have expected it, considering the kindness of his host. But it was too much. How could he live on someone's hook when he had spent his life wanting to be free?

« W-What do I think…? That’s… that’s… really, really kind of you… I-I don’t deserve it… A-And e-even if… I j-just… I can’t… Y-Your brother s-seems r-really sweet a-and… I don’t want to s-scare him… O-or to be scared of him… »

The little skeleton sighed and looked away, massaging his arm distractedly. He had so much desire to stay... To feel accepted, appreciated, protected... But he just couldn’t accept.

« I-I really appreciate what you did for me… T-That’s why I can’t stay… I’m t-too much of a burden… B-But… i-if you’re agree… I-I’d really like t-to see you again… s-sometime ? »

He swallowed, uncomfortably, looking up at his host.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.D. Gaster
Dark, Darker yet Darker

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Wed 27 Sep - 23:23

Butch smiled gently as always. His double in front of him was really something. Maybe he could help this soul more than he thought he was capable of. He only helped him with some food. It wasn't even his idea to begin with to help the poor like that.
He'd never thank his brother enough for this idea. Without him, he wouldn't have met as many monsters as he did now. And Cherry would have been dying in stars knows where.

"Everyone deserve a little kindness, Sans. I only hope one day you'll be able to meet my brother without panickin'. He's a sweet guy. He likes to meet new... not faces but new brothers!"

He accepted his decision. He wasn't one to force someone to be saved.

"Off course I agree. I'd really like to see you again, friend."

Characters:

W.D.Gaster
Back to top Go down
Cherry
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Thu 28 Sep - 0:01

Cherry couldn’t believe it. Brothers ? Friends? Really ? He could really... hope to have that kind of relationship?

A big smile illuminated his face and he lowered his head with a little laugh, his soul shining slightly under his t-shirt as he felt happy. It was like a dream coming true.

Two large reddish tears rolled down his cheeks as he raised his gaze to his... friend, smiling.

« T-Thank you… T-Thank you so much… Y-You… you can’t imagine how much I… I needed this words… »

He inhaled deeply and wiped his face before slowly straightening up, his legs a little shaky, the time it stabilized.

« I-I should go now… I-It late and I’m sure y-your bro want his room to sleep… »

He smiled in a corner, massaging his neck gently, a little uncomfortable seeing the hole in the wall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.D. Gaster
Dark, Darker yet Darker

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Thu 28 Sep - 0:18

He chuckled seeing the other Sans crying out of emotion. It was so touching. He was just thankful Fell's magic was a little transparent. Unless it would have looked like blood. And he didn't want to see blood. He was so thankful it was embarrassing. A little more and he would blush for real.

"You're welcome, pal."

He opened the door of the room and stepped in the corridor .

"My Bro don't sleep much anyway. He! But you have to go, then go. By the way. Is there any way I can keep contact with you? You know, if there is an emergency or stuff."

Characters:

W.D.Gaster
Back to top Go down
Cherry
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Thu 28 Sep - 0:41

Red followed him gently into the corridor, feeling so much better than when he arrived here. With the meal he had had, a long nap and he would be good for several cycles.

Once near the door, he listened to Butcher and hesitated. A way to contact him? His Boss had never allowed him to have phone: instead, he had a talkie-walkie permanently on him. At least, until Papyrus became king. There, locked up permanently in their room, he no longer needed any means of communication.

He grimaced and rubbed his arm, again embarrassed. Hell, he hated feeling so rubbish.

« N-No, ‘m sorry… N-Never had a phone… A-And I didn’t found one s-since I’m in there… Soooo… I-I don’t know… M-Maybe I c-can come back… I-I’ll t-try to find a phone… O-Or y-you can try to f-find me o-on the Sin District…? I-I’m usually o-on the s-street. »

He explained how to go in the place where the empty buildings were, so that he could found he in the trash around, if he wished to come and see him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.D. Gaster
Dark, Darker yet Darker

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Thu 28 Sep - 0:57

He retained a sigh. Sin District. He tried to avoid this place. Too much misery. And without anyone to enforce the law to this poor souls, it was like a no man's land for him. Almost everyone knew who he was now thanks to the Arena. If he wanted to meet Cherry again, he'd have to be prepared.

"We'll find you one, pal. It can come in handy when you live somewhere like the Sin, you know. I'll try to find you, don't worry. And if you need me again, for food or anytin' you know where to find me. Here or in my store. And don't you ever wait for the last minute to eat. I refuse to lose a friend to hunger."

He explained how to find his store from here. Then he opened the front door and took his hand to shake it.

"See you later, Cherry. Take care or yourself."

Another voice added from behind the first door.

"HOPE TO SEE YOU ONE DAY, CHERRY! SORRY AGAIN FOR SCARING YOU! AND HUG SANS, HE WON'T SAY IT BUT HE LOVES IT."

And Butch's face took, a bright shade of red on of the sudden. Sweety like to tease him with that.

"Papyrus!!"

Characters:

W.D.Gaster
Back to top Go down
Cherry
Lost Soul

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   Thu 28 Sep - 1:16

Cherry was really grateful. He wasn't aware that Butcher could be recognized, but he knew he didn't really live in the best place to be safe.

Of course, he accepted his request, nodding. He nearly fall into dust this time, but now that he knew that Butcher would help him, he would come back to see if the need was too much. Well, at least, as often as possible, he didn't want to disturb him either.

The small skeleton concentrated to remember the way to the store. After all, he probably won't ask someone on the street to tell him how to get there, given his fear of others.

He clasped his hand, when the voice of the Papyrus rang out. Jumping lightly, he blushed and smiled. Especially when he saw Butcher blush too.

After a moment of hesitation, he... took his host in his arms to give him a little hug. He pressed him against him, thanked him once more, then backed away, smiling.

« Thank you Butcher. For everything. And say to your brother that I’ll try to face him, next time… Goodbye. »

And he went away, pulling up his hood over his head before walking on the dark streets of the Fell District, going back to where he lived.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging for food   

Back to top Go down

Scavenging for food
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next